Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I've been to a few librariancentric conferences in my time. Every one was a total hen party. Internet Librarian was the closest to gender parity, but there was still a line out the door in the women's room.

This place is a complete sausage-fest. There are maybe two dozen women out of 200 attendees. What's up with that? Seems like ontology and semantics are such a natural extension of librarianship that there should be more of my sisters here. I guess the expression of cataloging concepts using logical notation is scaring us off? I don't know.

On the plus side, I don't have to wait for the bathroom.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger DougBot said...

That is surprising.

Though maybe they're all saving up to go to ALA or something.

(Speaking of library associations, are you going to OLA this year?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home